Wednesday, June 22, 2011

What the....

Yesterday John's lung collapsed and we all went up to the hospital and they put a pack on his back and told him that since his vitals were normal he could be sent home and wait till his lung went back to normal. John said yes to going home, not wanting to have to get another chest tube in his back.
But all day he was coughing a ton and he had fluid coming out of his back because of his lung collapsing that last night he was in a lot of pain and he started to swell pretty bad. So around 11:30pm after calling his doctor, we decided to go to the ER.
They brought him right back and waited for his doctor to get there. They worked fast and got him all ready to put the chest tube in and told me that I needed to step out. Right before John had asked me to come hold his hand because I could tell he was a lot anxious about it all. I walked out and told him I love him and he looked at me and told everyone "I don't want to, I don't want to do it."
They didn't really give him good pain meds and just numbed the area a little bit, he told me today that he could feel them cutting into him. By the way I forgot to mention they had to cut a new hole in him for this chest tube. Sucks!
The doctor told me after "Well this usually doesn't happen." So that's not cool! But hopefully it will be okay. While I was home showering John's friend called me and told me that they decided to sew up that other hole which cause the collapse. So that's good.
He will hopefully come home tomorrow, but may need to be in there a while longer to get his pain under control and make sure his lung stays inflated.

I can't even believe all the help and offers for helor us! It's more than words can say and I don't even feel like I am seeming grateful enough! If all I can say is thank you in return, it just doesn't feel like enough!! I love everyone and I am so thankful!!

1 comment:

Jessica Potter said...

Thinking about you guys! Praying for John's pain to be able to be kept under control.