Wednesday, June 15, 2011

John's coming home!

John will be coming home this afternoon, his procedure went well. He had this huge chest tube in his back that was hurting him pretty bad. Once they took that out he started to feel better, they kept him an extra night because he was in a lot of pain. The doctor told him that he wont start feeling better for a few weeks, but in those next few weeks he will be starting cancer treatments that will make him tired. So hopefully he can start to feel better quicker than that.

Nervous for him to come home, but I'm sure we will figure it out. John's Mom came down from Idaho to help watch the girls while he has been in the hospital. My little sister is on her way up here today from Nevada to help us. I can't wait to see her, it's been a while! So nice of them to come help!

John has an his appointment on Thursday to get set for the Tomotherapy radiation. He will have to get small tattoos on his skin so they can treat the correct place each time he goes in.

The lab in California received John's tumor sample on Tuesday afternoon and had already started on it. They had to separate the normal cells from the cancer cells and then they could get started. They are rushing it for John. Awesome, because we are in a hurry!

I can't believe all the wonderful people out there in the world!! I can't believe that we are a part of this and are able to receive so much charity and love from tons of people! I am in awe at the amazing things people think of. I keep finding myself thinking that if I heard of someone going through a hard time, would I think of such good ideas to help them? This crazy cancer journey has been going on so long that we have been on the receiving end for too long! and still people are so giving and helpful!!!

Still feeling blessed in this way and also comforted by the Lord. What a blessing to know that we can always rely on our Heavenly Father for what we need a lot of, comfort! We love all you family and friends and thank you so much for all you have done for us and for John!!

Btw.... I started this blog earlier today and so John is home and resting and doing a lot better than yesterday, so I'm sure he will feel tons better tomorrow. :) and Roxy is having an "upside down party" while doing a head stand. So fun! haha

No comments: