Wednesday, March 24, 2010

GOOD news and BAD news bears!

I haven't posted forever because I wanted to make sure that I had all the details of what was going on. It's good and bad news.

A couple of weeks ago the lady from the Doctor's office called and said that the drug company is going to give John the medicine!!! That all I knew for about two weeks. We didn't know any other details until this week. It was driving me crazy!! So we sent off our income to Genentech, and so for John to get the medicine shouldn't be too much longer.

They said that they will be giving John Avastin for a year!!! Which is great to hear! Unfortunately they will not cover the infusion. I am not for sure how much this is going to run us, but it doesn't really matter because he will be doing it anyways. As for right now we are still continuing with the fund raising, which is going pretty good! How truly amazing and humbling that experience has been!!! We are so blessed!!!

Holy cow things have been crazy busy and we are trying to keep up with our lives, and keep them as normal as possible, but it seems like it's just stressful the worry about John's health. It makes everything a lot more difficult to deal with. My Grandpa Bowen always used to tell me "If you've got your health, you've got everything." At first I was like thinking "Okay, Grandpa" but now I know exactly what he means. The elderly know everything!!! :) I hope to learn a lot more from my grandparents. (My Grandpa Bowen, Isn't he cute??) :)

I pray that this Avastin will help John keep his health for a long, long time!!!

His little turkey's need him!!

4 comments:

JL Hall said...

YAY! A year, so then what? Can reapply? Thanks for keeping us updated! LOVE YOU!

Cody and Tami said...

This is GREAT news! :)

Shelley Patterson said...

That is great! Have you guys thought about doing a fundraiser? I think that could turn out great, and help you guys raise a lot of money. I had an idea for one if you are interested.

Tannar and Maggie Rehrer said...

Congratulations! That is such good news! Let me know about what you're doing for fund raisers and I'd love to spread the word...