Tuesday, February 9, 2010

John the Pilot!

My mom's husband Mike and his friend from work set up a airplane ride for John. My Mom told me before hand and told me not to tell John, that it was a surprise! I was soooo excited for him. I knew he would love it! So the next week when Glen called and left a message, John told me and kept telling me how nice it was of Mike to set this up for him.

So the next week we got a call from Glen, we headed down to Bountiful to meet this wonderful pilot who was going to take John up. Shay and I came along to take pictures of course. My Mom was watching Roxy. When we got to the hanger to see the plane, Glen asked if Shay and I would like to go too! OH BOY was I excited!! I was trying to play it cool, but I was so glad he asked!

We get there to see the plane and we got to meet Glen's lovely wife Loretta. They were so cute and fun to meet. A friend of theirs, Doug was there as well to take pictures. He was fun too! They were great people and I am so grateful to have met them!!

We looked around the hanger a while and chatted for a few. Glen built his own plane, and we thought that was pretty cool! So we climbed aboard his bonanza airplane. He was a great pilot, we had no fears! We all had our own headsets, even Shay.

John got to fly the plane for like 10 minutes. I could tell he was nervous, he kept asking Glen if he wanted to take it back. I was laughing and asked him if he was nervous and he said "YES", Glen kept him calm and he flew a couple minutes longer. I was so proud of my 10 minute pilot John!

We all had such a awesome time! Words can't express how much fun we had and how amazing it was for them to give us this opportunity of a lifetime! Thank you from the bottom of my heart for making my husband John smile so big!!!

No comments: